How to Turn Off the Pop-up Blocker on Safari Desktop
The following method will only work for Mac desktops and laptops running Safari.
- Open Safari.
- Click “Safari” in the Apple Menu in the top-left corner of your screen. You will need to be in the Safari app to access this menu.
- Then click Preferences. You can also access Safari’s Preferences by using the Command + comma keyboard shortcut. For a list of the most useful Mac keyboard shortcuts, check out our previous article here.
- Click on the Websites tab at the top of the Preferences window.
- From the left side-bar, click on Pop-up Windows.
- Finally, click the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner of the window and select Allow. This will cause Safari to allow all pop-ups. You can also choose to block all pop-ups or notify you every time they are blocked as well.
If you don’t want to allow all pop-ups on Safari, you can set exceptions for certain websites or webpages that you currently have open. In the same Preferences window click the drop-down menu next to a website and select Allow.